The Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Blu-ray is Roaring with Great Special Features
Gone are the days of waiting a torturous half-year between a movie’s theater run and its home media release. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is still stomping around theaters nationwide, but in less than two months, you can have your own copy.
The details of the movie’s home release are here, and you can own a digital copy as early as September 4. The 4K, 3D Blu-ray, standard Blu-ray, and DVD release will follow on September 18. Each version of the film offers an abundance of behind the scenes features, and maybe there will be some hints for those of us still pondering the implications of that shocking ending.
Every copy of the release comes with the following features:
- On Set with Chris & Bryce – Go behind the scenes with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
- Birth of the Indoraptor – An inside look at the genetically designed monstrosity known as the Indoraptor.
- Death by Dino – Go behind the scenes as the Indoraptor faces off with a key character.
- Monster in a Mansion – Director J.A. Bayona discusses how Jurassic Park and Dracula (1979) influenced his approach to directing the monster in a mansion scene.
- Rooftop Showdown – A look at the terrifying showdown on the rooftop of the Lockwood Mansion.
- Malcolm’s Return – Behind the scenes with the one & only Jeff Goldblum.
- VFX Evolved – The team at ILM discuss their cutting-edge approach to creating dinosaurs.
- FALLEN KINGDOM: The Conversation – Filmmakers and cast sit down for a candid and casual conversation about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- A Song for the KINGDOM – Justice Smith sings for the cast and crew of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- Chris Pratt’s Jurassic Journals
- Vivian Baker, Makeup Artist
- Mary Mastro, Hair Stylist
- Chris Murphy, 1st Assistant Sound
- Dean Bailey, Stunt Edge Car Driver
- Peter Harcourt, Diver
- Daniella Pineda and Justice Smith, Actors
- Jody Wiltshire, Set PA
- Kelly Krieg, Assistant Script Supervisor
- J.A. Bayona, Director
- James Cox, Stunt Performer
- Rachelle Beinart, Stunt Double
- Bryce Dallas Howard interviews Chris Pratt, Actor
- JURASSIC Then and Now – Presented by Barbasol® – Key moments from the Jurassic saga that tie into Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
And for those who purchase a 4K, Blu-ray, or Digital copy (read: not DVD), there’s a few more juicy extras:
- The KINGDOM Evolves – Filmmakers discuss how the second chapter in the Jurassic World trilogy pushes the franchise in a new direction.
- Return to Hawaii – Cast and crew discuss shooting the film in Hawaii.
- Island Action – A behind-the-scenes look at the bunker scene and runaway gyrosphere sequence.
- Aboard the Arcadia – Cast and crew discuss working with the animatronic dinosaurs.
- Start the Bidding! – A behind-the-scenes look at the auction scene.
Those Jurassic Journals with Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt look especially fun. They’re a lot like the Profiles Below the Line we feature on The Credits, which focus on the contributions of all the creators that aren’t on camera. Universal has some of the Journals on their YouTube channel, which you can sample here:
Check out what production is like with Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, director J.A. Bayona, and more when Fallen Kingdom is available September 4 (Digital) and September 18 (disc). Or, you know, you could still go see it in theaters.
Featured Image: Claire (BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD) and Owen (CHRIS PRATT) try not to wake the mighty T. rex in “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.” When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Welcome to “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.” Photo Credit: Giles Keyte