The Avengers: Infinity War Home Video Will Feature Even More Thanos
No one is safe from Thanos’ snap, not even his own fans on Reddit. Soon, you can watch half of the Avengers die over and over again from the comfort of your own couch. Avengers: Infinity War come to digital July 31 and Blu-Ray August 14. Unfortunately, none of the bonus features will bring any of the fallen Avengers back, but they do look intriguing.
There were a massive amount of Marvel heroes in Infinity War, but Thanos was really the star of the film. Appropriately, a lot of the bonus material is dedicated to the intergalactic tyrant. ‘The Mad Titan’ will give a six-minute deep dive into Thanos’ background in the stories and the threat he has become. ‘Beyond the Battle: Titan’ will deliver an almost 10 minute look at Thanos’ destruction and the VFX behind the film. I already feel emotionally crushed reading about the deleted scene ‘A Father’s Choice’ between Gamora and her ruthless pop. Luckily, the bonus material will end on a high note with good old bloopers.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
Lastly, the digital release will exclusively debut this discussion with a group of Marvel directors that sounds amazing. They represent really different tones and sectors of the MCU. These directors have shaped Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther, the Guardians of the Galaxy and more. They each bring a very different style to the table, but somehow the MCU films have maintained a consistency throughout the decade.
Digital Exclusive: A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure. Including Anthony and Joe Russo, Jon Favreau, Joss Whedon, James Gunn, Ryan Coogler, Peyton Reed and Taika Waititi who reflect on how their movies contribute to the MCU’s larger storytelling adventure.
Please let there be some comfort hidden among these features. Thanos, unbreak our hearts.
Featured Image: Thanos (Josh Brolin) in Avengers: Infinity War. Courtesy Marvel Studios.